Do you know how to help your thyroid work faster and more efficiently?
The secret to sustainable weight loss is to speed up your metabolism, not to slow it down. And to boost your metabolism you need a healthy functioning thyroid.
The 7 best foods to Help your thyroid
- Sea vegetables like kelp (seaweed) because they contain iodine which is critical for making thyroid hormone.
- Brazil nuts are rich in selenium which activates your thyroid hormone
- Sesame seeds because they contain copper and zinc which are both essential for optimal thyroid function and hormone production. You need to make sure the seeds are broken open otherwise they will pass straight through you. So grind them before you eat them or use tahini.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of zinc which helps your cells activate your thyroid hormones.
- Spinach is rich in minerals like magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc which are all essential for optimal thyroid hormone production.
- Prawns and scallops have omega 3 oils and vitamin B12 but mostly they are a rich source of iodine if you don’t like the taste of seaweed.
- Cashews are loaded with copper, magnesium, and zinc. Important minerals if you want to boost a sluggish thyroid.
Easy Way to Speed Metabolism
Losing weight can be full of heartbreak when you stand on the scales, knowing you have been very strict with your meals only to find you have gained, not lost weight. When you reduce the amount of food you eat and focus on eating healthily you begin to lose weight. Adding in exercise can speed up this process. This works initially but after a very short time, the body adjusts to the smaller portions and the metabolism slows down. This is when you need a healthy and active thyroid to keep the metabolism moving, processing food, and preventing weight loss plateauing.
When you focus on stimulating the thyroid, you are stimulating the metabolism and thereby speeding up the weight loss. These 7 foods, do the heavy lifting for you and keeps your thyroid moving and your body constantly moving towards a healthy weight.
Not sure where to start? Book a complimentary strategy session and let’s have a chat!